We can get you an F-1(student) visa with little to no proficiency in English and enroll you in a 16 week English language course that will prepare you to begin pilot training upon completion.  A short Skype intreview with our international student advisor is all it takes to get your I-20.  Call +1 (877)423-8237 today to find out how.

General Chennault Flying Tiger Academy specializes in training international students.  From our air traffic control simulations training devices to the communication techniques of our certified flight and ground instructors, we focus on the student pilot who either does not speak English as their native language or is daunted by the unique syntax of the aviation community.

With our focused approach, international students who have demonstrated proficiency in English can achieve proficiency with airborne radio communications in less than 10 hours of flight time.
International students are also housed with domestic students in our apartments, ensuring daily and continuous exposure to the international language of aviation. 

We also offer our international students an American experience as they earn their wings.  At various locations across the United States to include Houston, Texas.  This experience is a coordinated effort with the Chamber of Commerce of major cities and cultural and natural sites.  Our goal is to have our international students return to their native country with fond memories and an experience that deepens relationships between the US and aviation communities around the world.

International students already in the US on an M-1 or F-1 visa can begin training with us as soon as they pass the Transportation Safety Administration's (TSA)  Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) screening process.
For more details and guidance on how to submit your information to the TSA AFSP system click on the AFSP button here:



International students must have:

  • An F-1 or M-1 VISA

  • Health Insurance

  • Proof of English proficiency or TOEFL score

  • Proof of financial ability to live in the US for one year

  • Pass the Transportation Security Administration Alien Flight Student Program screening process

  • A high school diploma (No college course work is required to obtain an FAA pilot’s license).

Aviation medical exams will be conducted after the students arrive.  However, you are encouraged to get a general medical exam before arriving the United States. 

It takes approximately 45 to 60 days to obtain an M-1 or F-1 visa

For US State Department directions and forms required to get your M-1 or F-1 visa click this button:


F-1 visas can obtained with enrollment in Lone Star College, located next to our flight training facilities. Click this button for more information about Lone Star College.​

Lone Star College
F-1 Apllication Guide